- Name of Company: Mercy Corps
- No. Of Vacancy: 1
- Job Location: Lumbini
- Experience: 5+ years
- Qualification: Bachelors
- Facilitate lead and co-leads to prioritize cluster meetings focusing on emergency preparedness and response. Prepare technical inputs to moderate this discussion in the cluster meeting
- Develop/revisit cluster strategies, priorities adopting a consultative process
- Facilitate the consultative process to update the National contingency plan, monsoon response and preparedness plan, winterization plan, and other guidance documents in coordination with leads, co-leads, and cluster and inter-cluster members, considering all hazards and pandemics
- Ensure that education preparedness and response initiatives are in line with existing policy guidance, technical standards, and relevant Government policies
- Develop an annual CP revision process clearly outlining roles and responsibilities of lead, co-lead, cluster members, cluster secretariate, and if necessary, an expert. Prepare an inventory of various national and sectoral emergency plans with relevant guidance notes on when how they will up updated/reported
- Provide technical support to co-leads to develop participatory humanitarian emergency preparedness plans in consultation with cluster members
- Engage with the cluster partners to agree on common and specific actions from the federal cluster to the provincial and local cluster clusters
- Support TWGs lead and co-leads to prepare their work plan and its implementation
- Facilitate forming and capacitating the TWG at the provincial levels
- Facilitate cluster strengthening initiatives supported by the Federal Education Cluster. Liaise with implementing partners and local clusters, taking proactive and coordinated action for timely implementation
- Adopt a global education cluster EiE training package to orient federal lead members on the fundamental humanitarian principles and minimum standards of EIE.
- Provide technical backstopping in capacity-building training for federal, provincial, and local level cluster members
- Provide support to leadership in the coordination of Comprehensive School Safety (CSS) Minimum Package implementation
- Mapping of sector resource mobilization for EiE.
- Coordinate with the EMIS section to discuss and support the compilation of EiE information and prepare a possible action within the Sector and other information derived from the alternative mechanism.
- Facilitate a strategic discussion between LEDPG and cluster on complement/supplement actions during emergencies
- Prepare an analytical overview including cluster gaps, overlaps, and coverages of partner’s intervention by analyzing available data and information and sharing it with cluster members.
- Facilitate inter-cluster/sector coordination and technical meetings to pre-identified interventions required to support education response with SOPs
- Contribute to clear, and effective communication between the local, provincial, and federal level Education cluster to strengthen reporting mechanism, need assessment, and data collection
- Prepare monthly updates on cluster strategic interventions, their challenges, and recommendations with lead, co-leads, and cluster members.
- Contribute to clear and effective communication between the local, provincial, and federal level Education cluster to strengthen reporting mechanism, need assessment, and data collection
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors’ Degree in Development Studies/Humanities/Social Science
- Minimum 5-year experience in education in emergencies, education cluster coordination & Disaster preparedness or similar field
- Awareness of the needs and related program considerations for children, vulnerable and marginalized communities.
- Established the ability to manage and communicate effectively with team members of varied work styles.
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem-solving.
- Proven ability to learn quickly, lead a project to achieve stated results and objectives.
- Experience working with governments, civil society, national and international organizations.
- Effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to effectively represent Mercy Corps and its interests to key stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively with an ethnically diverse team in a sensitive environment.
To aTo apply for this job please visit https://www.mercycorps.org/
You may also Like Meal Officer Job in Social Development Forum (SDF)