Position: UNV Human Resources Associate
Description of assignment title: UNV Human Resources Associate
Assignment country: Nepal
Expected start date: 01/11/2021
Sustainable Development Goal: PARTNERSHIPS FOR THE GOALS
Volunteer category: National UN Volunteer Specialist
DoA reserved for persons with disabilities: No
Host entity: UNICEF
Duration: 12 months (with possibility of extension)
Number of assignments: 1
Duty stations: Kathmandu
UNICEF works in over 190 countries and territories to save children’s lives, to defend their rights, and to help them fulfil their potential, from early childhood through adolescence.
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the HR Specialist or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV-Human Resources Associate will:
- Support the implementation of the Covid vaccination drive in the office: administer the registration, follow up with staff and Vaccination focal points, keep records and generate vaccination data whenever required;
- Communicate and coordinate the implementation of duty of care activities for staff and dependents;
- Arrange isolation kit, liaise with UN Clinic, check on staff and dependents when they get infected with Covid;
- Provide regular updates on covid cases among ROSA personnel to the UN Clinic; monitor Covid cases and vaccination rate in country offices in the region;
- Assist in the implementation of SAR Mentorship Programme, Stretch & Swap Programme, and Job Shadowing Programme;
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Age: 27 – 80
- At least 3 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in Human Resources, or other relevant programmes; experience in development sector is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
Area(s) of expertise
Candidate must be a national or legal resident of the country of assignment.
English, Level: Working knowledge, Required Nepalese, Level: Fluent, Desirable
Required education level
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in HR
Competencies and values
- Teamwork and respect for diversity:
- Commitment to continuous learning:
- Planning and organizing:
- Genuine commitment towards the principles of voluntary engagement, which includes solidarity, compassion, reciprocity and self-reliance; and commitment towards UNICEF ROSA ‘s mission and vision, as well as to the UN Core Values.
Living conditions and remarks
As this is a national UN Volunteer assignment, the UN Volunteer will be responsible for arranging his/her own housing and other living essentials. National UN Volunteers are part of the malicious insurance plan.
United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme that welcomes applications from qualified professionals. We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, care protected characteristics. As part of their adherence to the values of UNV, all UN Volunteers commit themselves to combat any form of discrimination, and to promoting respect for human rights and individual dignity, without distinction of a person’s race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
Open recruitment (advertised)
Advertisement end date: 07/11/2021