Accounting and Finance
Finance Manager Job – Handicap International
Handicap International (HI) is an independent and impartial not for profit organization, created in 1982, working across 63 countries worldwide. HI works alongside the vulnerable populations, whatever the context, taking action to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.HI has been present in Nepal since 2000. HI works in partnership with the authorities and local partner organizations in the area of health and physical rehabilitation, inclusive education and resilience including emergency situations to respond to essential needs of vulnerable populations, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Apply before: 14 Jun, 2020
HI Nepal invites applications from qualified and competent candidates for the following position:
1. Finance Manager– 1 position
Finance Manager is responsible to ensure the financial management of the program in Nepal with strong functional links with Projects and Program teams, Human Resources and Logistic department. S/he ensures that the mission operates both within the country’s legal as well as program framework, and that the rules specific to the program are adhered to.
Location: Based in Kathmandu
- Supervise and control the monthly accounts preparation, funds reconciliation and accounting closure.
- Ensure the budget is planned, forecasted and spent as per the initial plan and forecast.
- Work on the budget review as per the budget follow-up and new information given by the projects.
- Analyse budget follow-up, prepare monthly comments and send them to the respective projects.
- Ensure the conditions of donors are met in terms of financial management and to involve in new project and concept development so as to help in fundraising.
- Check and control the cash and bank balances of HI Nepal through proper records and accounting.
- Ensure the required taxes are paid on time and are as per government regulation and required assistance provided to Social Welfare Council (SWC).
- Validate the partner budget as per the requirement of HI Nepal and as per donor requirement.
- Build the capacity of the finance team and be responsible for the team management of the country finance team and be responsible for the capacity building of the team. Build the capacity of the finance department through feedback, training, monthly meeting and to lead the finance department through plan and reports
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant field with at least 8 years of experience in financial management, systems and controls, including institutional grant management, particularly with an international development organisation OR Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant field with atleast 5 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial information and a good knowledge of financial reporting standards and reporting requirements of major international donors.
- Sound knowledge of Nepal Tax Laws and other related policies related to Finance.
- Proven experience of team management and taking up managerial role.
- Good analytical skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Send a motivation letter mentioning position applied for, expected salary and an updated CV including 2 referees with contact number and e-mail address to email@example.com no later than 14th June, 2020. HI Nepal reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.
HI is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, people with disability and members from disadvantaged communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
he Strategic Partnership Right Here, Right Now addresses the limited respect, protection and the hindered fulfillment of the sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) of young people in 10 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America and in 1 sub-region, the Caribbean.
The RHRN platform in Nepal consists of 15 civil society organizations, including a host organization, YUWA, which is serving as the platform secretariat. The work of the organizations are focused on improving sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) of young people in Nepal.
YUWA is a not for profit, youth run, and youth led organization working to promote youth participation through empowerment and advocacy.
Job Title: Finance and Administration Associate/Officer- 1
Position will be titled as per experience, qualification and skills.
Reports to: Finance and Admin Coordinator
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Contract start date: July 2020
Contract Duration: 6-8 months
Apply before: 14 Jun, 2020
The position holds responsibilities of overall Administration, Finance, and Logistic management for smooth functioning of RHRN project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare vouchers; ensure filling of forms & formats, proper budget coding and generating payment vouchers, cheque writing and banking transactions.
- Timely payments to vendors, staff and settlement of advance, liabilities and receivables etc.
- Regular tracking of bank balance and ensure timely fund transfer.
- Arrange travel logistics for office staff, training participants and consultants including hotel reservation
- Ensure petty cash is managed and replenished according to established petty cash level.
- Maintain & safely keep back up data and finance related documents. Maintain proper documentation.
- Ensure that cheque books and invoices are well accounted for and are kept in safe and secure custody.
- Ensure donor compliances in project implementation
- Monthly Project BVA is prepared and provide required financial information is provided Supervisors.
- Arrange for fund transfer to partners.
- Ensure timely payment of Tax, ETDS and update on monthly basis
- Provide support in the process of external and statutory audits.
- Assist in procurement of project related goods and services.
- Ensure that the logistic supports are provided efficiently.
- Ensure that proper store management is being done and office assets are adequately safeguarded.
- Support bi- annual physical verification.
- Support in the logistics management for training, workshops, and monitoring visits
- Bachelor’s degree in management or business studies with specialization in finance
- At least 2 years of progressive experience in finance, accounting in development sector
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Internet, email)
- Ability to understand and explain financial and administrative policies and procedures.
- Good knowledge and experience of accounting software (Preferred FAMAS)
To apply: To apply submit a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm 14th June 2020 clearly mentioning the subject line “Application for FAA or FAO”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Written test & Interview will be taken on the same day. Further telephone enquiries will not be entertained.