Rural Reconstruction Nepal (RRN) is a Nepalese non-governmental development organization working mainly in the areas of community development, livelihood, food and nutrition security, education, health, and good governance. The organization equally promotes human rights and social justice, having a strategic focus on protecting and promoting economic, social, and cultural rights and the right to development in Nepal. RRN also works extensively on natural resource management, disaster management, and climate change adaptation. Its major interventions are directed towards poor, vulnerable, and disadvantaged groups in rural areas.
RRN has been granted the Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations since 1997. It is also accredited to the Global Environment Facility (GEF), the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), and the Green Climate Fund (GCF).
Currently, RRN is looking for competent candidates to fulfill the following positions for “Citizen empowerment to improve food and nutrition security of vulnerable populations in Rolpa district, Lumbini province, Nepal (POSHAN SUDHAR) funded by Welthungerhilfe /BMZ and being implemented by RRN in Triveni and Runtigadhi Rural Municipalities of Rolpa district, Nepal.
Rural Reconstruction Nepal (RRN)‘s Job Description
Position: Agriculture Officer
Agro-officer will provide the necessary technical know-how in his/her respective areas and ensures the convergence of agriculture, food, and advocacy activities in the field. The officer provides technical support to the project staff and supervise the field staff (JTAs, Sub-Engineer and SM) work closely with Nutrition Meal officer under the supervision of the Project Coordinator. The officer should establish a sound working relation with local government, and ensures a good cooperation in the project area. Also, he/she requires a good knowledge, skills and experience on mobilzation and facilitating of staffs on “Linking Agriculture, Nutrition and Natural Resource Management (LANN+), Good Agriculture Practice (GAP) groups, Nutrition Education and Rehabilitation Program (NERP) Camps, and Food and Nutrition related groups and networks at local, municipal and provincial levels.
Qualification & Required Skills:
- Bachelor Degree in agriculture, and other relevant disciplines having more than five years experiences work as an Agriculture Officer and relevant discipline in rural areas and districts of Nepal in the field of agriculture, food and nutrition and community development sectors.
- Previous work experience in similar kind of project like Agriculture, Food Security, Nutrition and integrated community development sectors and social and community mobilization is highly preferred.
- Experiences in working with team, team building, and outcomes-oriented community level engagement for building the synergy outcomes and results in collaboration with concern local stakeholders and other development actors.
- Knowledge and skills on GAP, PPA, POCAP, LANN+ group’s facilitation for transformation of community and marginalized groups’ nutrition behavior through diet diversity, NERP facilitation, health and nutrition staff mobilisation.
- Experiences in organizing training, facilitation of workshops and other capacity building activities for different level of audiences.
- Well versed in English and Nepali languages and have good knowledge of computer skills with general software such as Microsoft Office and excel.
- Fluency in written and spoken English languages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and report writing
- Interested and keen for policy lobby and advocacy on said sectors at local, provincial level.
- Good interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Coordination, Collaboration, Leadership & organizational skills.
- Motorbike driving skills with a license (preferable).
Programme Manager and Finance Officer are be based in Head Office, Kathmandu and frequently travel to field as required. Project Coordinator, Agriculture Officer, Nutrition/ MEAL Officer and Admin and Finance Officer will be based in field office (anticipated at Holeri) Rolpa district with frequently monitor and visit to project area/ward level of Triveni and Runtigadhi RM. Sub-engineers, JTAs and Nutrition Facilitators (SM) will be based at field/ward level (60%) in Triveni and Runtigadhi RM Rolpa.
The salary and benefit of each position shall be as per the organization’s rules. Interested candidates may send their applications detailing the interest/motivation to work with us, expected remuneration along with an updated CV through E-mail to [email protected] on or before 5 pm of 7th Nov. 2021.
Telephone inquiries shall not be entertained and any other direct or indirect solicitation may lead to disqualification of the candidacy. Local, competent female candidates and from excluded and less represented communities/groups are highly encouraged to apply. RRN is an equal opportunity organization. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps of recruitment. RRN reserves the right to accept or reject any applications without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
Source: RRN Website