British Council Nepal is looking for an application from an experienced English-Nepali translator for its English and Education programme.
The translator will be required to attend initial meetings with the British Council team to discuss the actual requirement and model of the translations before any tasks. He/she also needs to read and understand the project documentation and recommended text provided by the project team in order to better understand the context and tasks The translator needs to be skilled in translating documents from Nepali to English and vice versa. The number of days required for each task/assignment will be mutually agreed by both parties in writing prior to any assignments.
For more details please download the application call document below
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree programme including proficient English/Nepali translation
- At least 3 years’ experience of professional translation work with proven examples.
- Experience of translating documents, materials and training courses focused on Education.
- Knowledge of the British Council’s English and education programmes in Nepal.
- If you are interested, please send the following to [email protected] by 5:00 PM 26 September 2021.
- Your CV tailored to the above requirements including details of at least two referees.
- A covering letter highlighting relevant experience and suitability for the role.
- At least two examples of similar work.
- Per word/page rate.
Short-listed candidates will be sent a sample text to translate as part of the final selection process. Please note, we can only respond to successful applicants and only within 5 working days of the application deadline.