Finance Manager Job – Handicap International
Handicap International (HI) is an independent and impartial not for profit organization, created in 1982, working across 63 countries worldwide. HI works alongside the vulnerable populations, whatever the context, taking action to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.HI has been present in Nepal since 2000. HI works in partnership with the authorities and local partner organizations in the area of health and physical rehabilitation, inclusive education and resilience including emergency situations to respond to essential needs of vulnerable populations, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Apply before: 14 Jun, 2020
HI Nepal invites applications from qualified and competent candidates for the following position:
1. Finance Manager– 1 position
Finance Manager is responsible to ensure the financial management of the program in Nepal with strong functional links with Projects and Program teams, Human Resources and Logistic department. S/he ensures that the mission operates both within the country’s legal as well as program framework, and that the rules specific to the program are adhered to.
Location: Based in Kathmandu
- Supervise and control the monthly accounts preparation, funds reconciliation and accounting closure.
- Ensure the budget is planned, forecasted and spent as per the initial plan and forecast.
- Work on the budget review as per the budget follow-up and new information given by the projects.
- Analyse budget follow-up, prepare monthly comments and send them to the respective projects.
- Ensure the conditions of donors are met in terms of financial management and to involve in new project and concept development so as to help in fundraising.
- Check and control the cash and bank balances of HI Nepal through proper records and accounting.
- Ensure the required taxes are paid on time and are as per government regulation and required assistance provided to Social Welfare Council (SWC).
- Validate the partner budget as per the requirement of HI Nepal and as per donor requirement.
- Build the capacity of the finance team and be responsible for the team management of the country finance team and be responsible for the capacity building of the team. Build the capacity of the finance department through feedback, training, monthly meeting and to lead the finance department through plan and reports
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant field with at least 8 years of experience in financial management, systems and controls, including institutional grant management, particularly with an international development organisation OR Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant field with atleast 5 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial information and a good knowledge of financial reporting standards and reporting requirements of major international donors.
- Sound knowledge of Nepal Tax Laws and other related policies related to Finance.
- Proven experience of team management and taking up managerial role.
- Good analytical skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Send a motivation letter mentioning position applied for, expected salary and an updated CV including 2 referees with contact number and e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 14th June, 2020. HI Nepal reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.
HI is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, people with disability and members from disadvantaged communities are strongly encouraged to apply.